There are a range of exciting opportunities for skilled people in Caithness and North Sutherland, in sectors ranging from energy and manufacturing to tourism and hospitality. Our sister site Recruit North Highlands has a range of information about the opportunities available in the region and the team there would be happy to talk through your plans and requirements and help you take the next step towards a dream job in the North Highlands.
Caithness and North Sutherland also has opportunities to suit everyone, from young people looking to take their first steps into the job market through work experience or apprenticeship, to those at the top of their careers and looking to take on a new challenge.
It can also be an ideal destination for freelancers and the self-employed who are looking to move to a rural location but keep working with existing clients. With great digital and transport connectivity, living in the North Highlands can offer the best of both worlds.
A range of job and volunteering opportunities can be found at the links below:
- Caithness.org – a local community portal offering much more than just job opportunities
- Caithness Voluntary Group – the umbrella organisation for voluntary groups in the area
- hi-hope.org – a Highland-wide initiative to promote work experience and apprenticeship opportunities to young people in the area
- Jobs North – an online jobs portal with a focus on the Highlands & Islands
- My Job Scotland – roles across the public sector in the region
- Recruit North Highlands – access skilled vacancies in Caithness and Sutherland, as well as advice and guidance on making the move